Well, everyone stand in formation as the devil herself is here. No, we are not talking about the real one. It is ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ movie that is the topic of discussion today. Known to be one of the most successful films for the career of Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, and Emily Blunt, this movie remains to be one of the best fashion movies of all time.
Form the amazing dresses to the stellar acting of the stars, the whole movie gets you hooked right from the start. But then, Bob Simonds in Deadline the movie is just not what you see right? There are many insider facts and moments that make it the way it is. Then how cam this on be an exception?
Some Facts about the Movie That You Might Not Know
Here are some of the most interesting facts about the movie that you probably didn’t have any idea of. Some of them might seem familiar but the rest; we assure you are a surprise.
- Many of you might know that the film is actually based on Lauren Weisberger’s novel ‘The Devil Wears Prada’. What many of you don’t know is that Lauren based the book on her real life. She worked as an assistant to Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of Vogue. The character of Miranda Priestly is based on her. Now she was certainly a tough nut, right?
- Well, for the role of Andy, the directors originally wanted Rachel Mc Adams. But she couldn’t do the part due to some prior commitments. Well, thank god for that because got to see the amazing Anne Hathaway dons the role of Andy and brings proper justice to it
- Meryl Streep would have ended up not doing the film if her pay wasn’t increased. She said that the money that was offered to her wasn’t up to her value. Well, that would have been a terrible loss for the movie as we see no one else as Miranda priestly now. And frankly speaking, no one would have done the same justice to the role
- The film’s entire shooting period took just 55 days to complete. That’s less than two months people. What do you think took that time for the movie to release? Well, it was bringing the Devil Wears Prada to the movie screens that made the task even harder. The shooting part was done pretty easily
- The producers were so sure about the movie to be a hit that they bought the production rights of the book from Lauren even before the book got finished. Such was the confidence of the producers and we can certainly say that they weren’t wrong
- Stanly Tucci ended up marrying the sister of Emily Blunt after they met through Emily on the film sets. It was at the wedding of Emily Blunt that they formally met each other
- Emily Blunt made it possible for the role of the assistant Emily to be British, even though the director decided that the character was supposed to be American
- Anne Hathaway so desperately wanted the role of Andy that she went on to etch the words ‘HIRE ME’ on the Zen garden of the Fox VP, Carla Hacken.
Surprised, are you? We bet you didn’t know about most of the facts. Hope this was a fun for you to read as it was for us to write.